Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where Is That Friend?

Where is that friend that I can talk to
When times are getting tough?
That friend I can truly count on
When everything seems rough
A friend who's understanding
And wants to help me through
When my poor heart is breaking,
That dear friend is you!

Oh where can I run to find that peace inside?
It's to that friend that's always there
In whom I can confide.
Where do I go when I feel I do not have a friend
And I need some one who's kindness they can lend?

There is no need to look too fare
For a friend so kind and true,
Because I've found a special friend
And that dear friend Is you!

2 comments:

rericson said...

Friends are the most valuable commodity in the world. Our family is super important. But we don't get to choose our family. They just are who they are. Our friends, on the other hand, we choose. We make a conscious decision about who to include in our circle of friends. Sometimes friends might also be family, but they are friends because of choice.....
I really like this poem...it gives special acknowledgement to those very, very special people inour lives...our friends...
And I really like the nurse story. I have a similar story about an old man I met many years ago in San Francisco. He was the elderly father of a friend...and because he was so old and sort of withered, I usually ignored him....at one point he asked me to sit in the sun with him. It was such a simple request I couldn't say "no" so I sat. And for several hours he told me amazing stories of his life. He died a few days later. I was so sorry for all the times I had missed the opportunity to spend time with him. And I was so grateful for the few hours I listened to him. And I have never forgotten that time. And it was over thirty years ago, now.
Anyway, thank you for reminding me of that.
And thank you for posting your writings and poems and this little piece of yourself.
Have a nice day!
Regina

Unknown said...

Hey, That friend you are talking about. I know Him, in fact, I believe it is my best friend to.

I pray He will bless you and keep you in his care.

Love Bri.