Friday, July 25, 2008

Some Thoughts on Autism

Hi every one,
I purchased a video (Documentary) a while back. I was watching it, and was totally amazed. The Video is about 5 autistic children that actually got cured from their autism, with the proper therapy and care. It was a amazing video, it told quite a bit about the program they used "C.A.R.D." is what it is called. It sounds like a wonderful resource for parents with children like this, some of the children that go through the treatment don't get cured all the way but do improved a lot. The people from CARD are very sweet, understanding, and they help not only the child with the disabilities, but the family a lot.
They are also making DVDs and things for parents who can't afford the therapy and other things required to help their child, so The parents can do it at home. It's great to see that Autism can be improved, or even cured!
You might wonder Why I talk about autism. I'll have to tell you something
I am a member of our volunteer fire department here. The Other day when I went to the usual training night of the week they were talking about the out break of measles in Arizona. They were suggesting that everyone in the department go and get the MMR vaccine. I wanted to know more about the vaccine so I went into research on it. I found a lot of information, some For it and some against it but one thing that stood out about it, is that it CAN cause autism in small children. I thought about it for a long time, then decided I would not take the vaccine. After reading all the side effects that CAN happen (but the side effects rarely get too exstreem, They Claim) I couldn't think of being the ONE out of how ever many millions of people just HAPPEN to get a really bad reaction.
I am still training so I don't go on ambulance calls yet, so I was not required to take vaccine. If I would have been running on the ambulance and I refused it I might not be able to run any more until the outbreak was No more. Now that would suck! But Since I'm not running anyways, I figured I wouldn't go get my self a shot of poison and see what kind of effects it had on me... specially after reading what happened to the small children, NO THANK YOU! I know some times people think i'm so paranoid about vaccines, but i'm really not. I'm not for them, and I'm not against them. They may work for some poeple but I didn't want to take the risk of it NOT working for me, And I end up in the hospital on dialisis or something worse like end up in the grave yard.
Well, If any one else is as big a freek about stuff like this, they may have enjoyed this post, but now that i'm done, if you are not interested in this kind of thing, you don't have to read this. LOL Just teasing. I Hope Y'all have a great day! :)

P.S. Will be posting more soon so if you enjoy my blog keep lookin'

No comments: